The First Year Center communicates with students often throughout their first year at Washington University in St. Louis. This communication begins the summer before your first year. Below, we have detailed what you can expect to receive from us this between June and August.
- Students will receive a copy of the Common Reading Program book and the accompanying reader’s guide. These two items will be delivered to your home address in early June.
- You will also receive Before You Arrive Checklist postcards in the mail in June, July, and August letting you know the things you need to complete each month.
- International students will receive electronic versions of the above-mentioned publication pieces via their wustl email.
- You will need to keep an eye on your University email account, as we send the Bear Bulletin, a digital newsletter, on the 1st of each month.
- All first-year students will register for fall classes in July after speaking with their four-year academic adviser over the phone, via Skype, or email.
If you have any questions about these communications pieces, please do not hesitate to contact us at 314-935-5040.