The First Year Center communicates with students often throughout their first year at Washington University in St. Louis. This communication begins the summer before your first year. Below, we have detailed what you can expect to receive from us this between June and August.
- Each month, students will receive a Before You Arrive Checklist postcard in the mail. These postcards list the items students need to complete each month. International students will receive electronic versions via their WUSTL email.
- Each month, students will receive the Bear Bulletin digital newsletter via their WUSTL email.
- In July, all first-year students will register for their fall classes after speaking with their four-year academic adviser via Zoom.
- In August, students will receive Bear Essentials for Students and the Common Reading Program packet in the mail. International students will receive electronic versions via their WUSTL email.
- In early August, students will receive a postcard from Habif Health & Wellness Center via mail. This postcard will highlight important health & wellness to-do items. International students will receive electronic versions via their WUSTL email.
If you have any questions about these communications pieces, please do not hesitate to contact us at 314-935-5040.
Please note: The United States Postal Service is currently experiencing significant delays. We expect most books to be delivered by August 14th. Unfortunately, given the current challenges with postal services, sending another book at this time is not possible.
If you are concerned about the shipping delay:
- For U.S.-based students, we recommend you check with your local public library to see if you can get an e-book version.
- For international students, we will provide you with a printed copy when you arrive to campus. If you are an international student who has chosen to take classes from a location outside the U.S., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.