Bear Beginnings consists of three parts:
- Bear Beginnings: Summer Engagement Series
- Throughout the summer, students will engage with current students, faculty, and staff through interactive platforms like Wisr (WashU Admitted Students Network) and Zoom. Students will connect with the WashU community, their academic division, and hear from current students about involvement and engagement.
- Bear Beginnings: Get Your Bearings
- Get Your Bearings is an online orientation that will introduce you to key university resources. You will receive an email with instructions on how to access the online orientation platform.
- Bear Beginnings: Fall Welcome
- Fall Welcome will begin on Move-In Day and continue until the start of classes. During Fall Welcome, you will meet with your WUSA small group, engage in academic experiences, and participate in a long-standing university tradition – Convocation.
Our objectives for Bear Beginnings are that new students:
- Connect with other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Navigate the Washington University campus and the opportunities offered by the St. Louis community
- Interact with faculty, staff, and an upper-division mentor
- Discover pride for WashU, their academic division, and their residential college