We recognize that this will not be the same orientation as previous years, but know that we will prioritize safety in addition to finding ways to deliver on the Bear Beginnings Learning Outcomes despite the changes. Our objectives for Bear Beginnings remain the same, that new students:
- Connect with other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Navigate the Washington University campus and the opportunities offered by the St. Louis community
- Interact with faculty, staff, and an upper-division mentor
- Discover pride for WashU, their academic division, and their residential college
We’re developing a re-imagined orientation for first-year students which will include both virtual and in-person programs:
- Bear Beginnings: Summer Engagement Series
- Zoom meetings and webinars
- WashU Admitted Students Network Wisr chat connections
- Bear Beginnings: Get Your Bearings
- Online orientation
- Bear Beginnings: Fall Welcome
- On-campus orientation
Due to the updated academic schedule, new students will not be arriving in August as in previous years. Instead, the new arrival date will be in September and will be released no later than July 31.
We are not hosting an in-person Parent & Family Orientation. More information on our virtual programs will be available soon.