Bear Beginnings consists of three parts:
- Bear Essentials
- Bear Essentials provides a brief overview of important to-do items for new students to complete over the summer, as well as key resources that will aid in their success at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Get Your Bearings
- Get Your Bearings is an online orientation that will introduce you to key university resources.
- Fall Welcome
- Fall Welcome will begin on Move-In Day and continue until the start of classes. During Fall Welcome, you will meet with your WUSA small group, engage in academic experiences, explore St. Louis, and participate in a long-standing university tradition – Convocation.
Bear Beginnings Objectives
Our objectives for Bear Beginnings are that new students:
- Connect with other new students and begin to identify a peer group
- Navigate the Washington University campus and the opportunities offered by the St. Louis community
- Interact with faculty, staff, and an upper-division mentor
- Discover pride for WashU, their academic division, and their residential college
Parent & Family Orientation
Parent & Family Orientation is offered to help families learn about the university and how they can help their student transition to WashU.