Bear Beginnings: Transfer Student Orientation
Begins August 21, 2019
Bear Beginnings is an orientation program that assists transfer students with their academic, personal, social, and cultural transition into the Washington University and St. Louis community.
Wednesday, August 19
- Transfer students arrive in St. Louis and move in to campus housing (if campus housing was reserved).
Thursday, August 20
- Transfer students will begin the day meeting with their academic divisions.
- All transfer and exchange (TX) students will come together in the afternoon for the Welcome Lunch with Chancellor Martin, small group meetings led by their WUSAs (Washington University Student Associates), and specialized programming designed for the TX community.
Friday, August 21
- Transfer students will engage with Career Services in an interactive session designed to introduce you to the many programs and resources offered by the University.
- All TX students will come together in the afternoon for specialized programming designed for the TX community.
Saturday, August 22
- Transfer students will participate in a St. Louis Immersive Experience throughout the day.
Sunday, August 23
- Transfer students will conclude Bear Beginnings by attending Classes are tomorrow, get ready! This session will be led by their WUSAs.
Bear Beginnings activities for new students will begin on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 with an optional dinner. All on-campus and university owned housing will be accessible for move-in beginning Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact the the First Year Center.