Domestic Transfer Student Move-In Day
August 19, 2020
All domestic transfer students are required to attend Bear Beginnings: Transfer Student Orientation beginning on Wednesday, August 19th. Domestic transfer students living in Residential Life housing will move into the residence halls on Wednesday, August 19th.
Getting to Campus
Your check-in location is dependent upon which building you will be living in for the academic year. Please visit our residential experience page to learn more about your housing. Residential Life staff will be in the following locations on Move-In Day between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.:
- Residential Life Office (South 40 residents). The address for this location is: 6614 Shelpey Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130.
- Village Office (Greenway, University Drive, Millbrook, & Village East residents). The address for this location is: 6985 Snow Way Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130.
- Lofts Main Lobby (Lofts, Rosedale Court, 520 Kingsland, & Washington Avenue residents). The address for this location is: 6300 Enright Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63130.
Once you’re here
- Once you have arrived to one of the office above, you will be met by Residential Life staff to facilitate the remainder of your check in.
- You will be asked to show a picture ID and will be given your WashU ID, room key, and U-Pass (if you ordered yours!).
- You will receive further instructions regarding your room and will be directed to your residence hall to move in the remainder of your things. Again, those students living on the South 40 who arrive before 1:00 p.m. will be assisted the First Year Center staff and WUSAs.
Your move-in time frame will be Wednesday, August 19th, 9:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. If you decide to arrive before this date, you will need to secure a hotel or other accommodations for the evening(s) and check in on you approved date.
Questions about arriving to campus for move-in? Email Dacoda Scarlett at DScarlett@wustl.edu.
Transfer students should plan to attend social events with the First Year Center and their WashU Student Associates (WUSAs) on Wednesday evening.