Students are invited to apply to be the undergraduate Convocation student speaker.
Applicants must be a current undergraduate who are planning to file an intent to graduate in December 2022 or May 2023, have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25, and be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. Those who have a history of participation in campus and community activities are preferred, but not required.
A committee of faculty and staff will review all submissions and notify top candidates in July.
How to Apply
The application window will be open from Thursday, June 23 to Friday, July 8, 2022. No late submissions will be accepted. Apply below.
- Complete application
- We suggest you respond to the questions in Word and paste your responses in the online application form
- Create a video introduction
- The video should be no more than three minutes in length
- Start with a brief introduction that includes your name, hometown, major, etc.
- Follow the introduction with a two minute version of your speech you would give at Convocation.
- Upload the video to YouTube, edit the settings to set as “unlisted”, and include the link in your online application
- Upload Resume
- After you submit the application, you will be redirected to WUSTL Box to upload your resume.
Convocation speaker criteria
- Students planning to graduate in December 2022 or May 2023
- Have a minimum of 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards